React to red campaign
As part of the NHS England React to Red initiative we will be rolling this project out at Regency Hall in June 2017.
We will appoint a champion from our staff team who will lead on the implementation and ongoing roll out of the programme and as a Company we commit to:
- Include React to Red training for all new staff
- Run an annual refresher programme for all staff
- Undertake a monthly equipment check ( mattresses, wheelchairs, any pressure relieving equipment)
- Daily pressure monitor thermometer – visible check to see how many days since a new pressure ulcer was identified
- Methodical review of all residents on a monthly basis for skin management
- Participate in the ongoing NHS England research programme
- Support our champions to actively engage with like minded professionals to keep knowledge and practice current and relevant,
- Use root cause analysis to review any incidence of pressure identification as preventable or unavoidable.
More info available at www.reacttoredskin.co.uk